Snake at the Lake – Diamond Python Spotted
Hi all, I was walking by Narrabeen Lakes on the new walking trail which runs along the lagoon end and spotted a Morelia spilota Diamond Python up on a fern tree. It looked well fed possibly had a few bush turkeys or small furry animals and was digesting. Our local newspaper Manly Daily used my photo for their article and I also spotted my photo our Sydney’s TV Channel Seven News. The photo I took below is a week later and it is still there, looking slightly slimmer. Most walkers go straight past with no idea it is lurking up in the tree. Though these snakes are not harmful to humans, I still prefer it to stay up in the tree!
This is the snake curled up at night. Yes it was pitch black when I took this photo with my iphone, the flash caught the frame nicely.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
Published by Seafarrwide
Passionate woman, enjoying life, learning new things, love travelling, writing thoughts and memories. View all posts by Seafarrwide
- 39,875 hits
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
©2014-2018 Wendy Norman ABN:68925770957 Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to owner Wendy Norman and Seafarrwide with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.