Blog Help!

confused

Suddenly after over a year of having my website and not changing the theme or format, it changes by itself.  Wordpress has deleted my header photo, removing all my menu items from my home page!! I keep trying to put them back as it was, but it won’t save. To top it off I apply for my dream job that requires me to know wordpress and I send them my link to my website as proof and this happens today of all days!!! So annoying!!! Has anyone had this experience and how to solve it.  Help! 😦

1. The V-Pub says:

What terrible timing! I’ve hear that a lot of bloggers are having technical issues. I hope that yours is sorted out in time for you to get that job!

Rob

Thanks it’s seems back to normal now I just wonder if the employer saw the bad version!

2. Karin says:

Best of luck with the job and hang tight with making changes (if you can). II’d make a backup of all of your content for now and if WP can fix the mess, you may be able to pop it back into the theme that you’ve been using. I hope it’s just a glitch and not a permanent thing. So many people have put a lot of work into the appearance of their blogs.

Thanks Karin it seems to be fixed again though I haven’t had time check it all. When you back up do mean copy and save every post you’ve done into word docs? How do you back up your sites?

1. Karin says:

Under “tools” in the Admin dashboard, there is an option to backup your site content, all at once. No copy / paste required. It’s a super handy thing and I used it successfully to transfer my Blogger content to WP on two of my blogs.

Thank you so much I will check that out!

3. It’s happening to a few. Looks like it’s WordPress, so should correct itself.

oh my god but why today of all days when I apply for my dream job and they probably looking at my site right now. Talk about bad luck!!! I could cry!

1. Keep your fingers crossed it won’t be long but you could put a post on now that says WP are having technical difficulties even just a header incase your employer looks.

Good idea!!! grrrrrrrrrrr!

2. PS Good luck with the job.

thanks its so unlucky its playing up today!

1. Typical!