STANS, SWITZERLAND – THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIC!

Stansstad

If you love a country that is green and lush, has some serious Mountain peaks to climb with hotels that back onto glassy lakes or terrain then Switzerland is the holiday destination for you.   I’m also very much an outdoors person who loves a good daily walk, so a location that requires ascending  a mountain on a lovely day with a back pack is heaven for me. Even if you aren’t a hiker this is a sensational location.  Click here to read my article published on Weekend Notes website.

My Weekend Notes Website profile for more of my articles, thanks for your support in reading. x

1. My Home, kinda :/

Its truly a stunning area. I want to go back.

1. For a visit it is quite nice 🙂

2. Zula Julia says:

I couldn’t agree more! Switzerland is so beautiful. I’ve not been to Stans, but I’ve now added it to my “to do list” 🙂 I’ve just got back from Lake Geneva, Montreux in particular is stunning for walks by the lake and plenty of trains going up into the mountains too.

1. Seafarr says:

Oh how beautiful I stayed on night in Lake Geneva 20 years ago. It was so beautiful! I love that drive up through the mountains to Italy..ah heaven!

3. Lux says:

Wendy, this looks like a painting! So pretty. Must be worth the trip.

1. Seafarr says:

Yes I took that photo while on the railway car going up the mountain. Such a beautiful area to visit!

4. irmgardrahn says:

Wendy, dear,
    “The Sound of Music” is based on the history of the Trapp Family, Austrians, their mansion being in SALZBURG! Even the Film plays in Salzburg and the mountains are Austrian mountains, NOT, in any case, Mountains of SWITZERLAND

1. Seafarr says:

Yes so true but I’m talking about the scenic view of the green lush mountains makes you think of them in that movie 🙂 well it did me!