Sydney Northern Beaches Walks

Overlooking-Turimetta-Headland-Seafarrwide

A perfect day for me is finding a walking trail and capturing a picturesque view.  I happen to live on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, so I am surrounded by spectacular waterways, beaches and lookouts.  My friends are constantly having their social media timelines flooded with my photographs of beautiful views I’ve captured on my iPhone.  I’ve also had quite a bit of interest in my instagram photos from people here and overseas.  Now I’m thinking I might start up a page on my blog devoted to Sydney’s Northern Beaches Walks.  What do you think? Should I give this a whirl?  I would love to hear your thoughts.  Drop me a comment here or an email if you like.

1. kayrpea61 says:

Sounds like a plan, Wendy. Perhaps you could concentrate on the walks that are too long or too steep for an old fella like me 😉

To be honest I see people of all ages attempting the walks so unless you are disabled I think anyone can do them at their own pace or use the walking poles which help if you get tired and going up any steps 🙂

1. kayrpea61 says:

Only kidding – since I got serious about my fitness, I can cope with most of what is around Sydney. I just remind myself that I don’t have to keep pace with the young folks. LOL

2. Harlon says:

I think it’s a brilliant idea. I am land-locked where I am, but when I go to the cottage and walk along Lake Huron, a different me, a different voice comes out – and it’s a voice I like, the communion with nature, and from that comes some lovely writing – I think it would be great for you, and great for us 🙂 Harlon

Thank you so much. I have to agree. I bloom like a flower when I get out on a walk with spectacular views. I also feel more inspired too. 🙂

3. Ros says:

I grew up in Balgowlah heights although now live at Dolls Point (Southern Sydney).
    So while I am familiar with some of the local walks I would be interested to see your take and flair if you do go ahead with more info on the northern beaches walks.
    I meet a friend most weeks and we do Manly – Spit or part of and the surrounding North head headland.

If ever you need a dog sitter for a short period I am available as retired.
    I love being back in that part of the world.

Thanks I will keep you in mind as I’m often wondering what to do with my dogs so I could travel more 🙂 thanks for your comment.